Re: [BRHSlist] Oregon, IL Q customers

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Oregon, IL Q customers
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 21:07:12 EST
Jerry,

I know that the Q served E.D. Etnyre and Company (where I work) and
occasionally took flatcars of road equipment from the plant (which was past
the Carnation plant, close to Rt. 64). When the company started moving to
the east side of the river (starting in 1958) the Q had a spur off of the
mainline that went into our fabrication plant. I will have to ask some of
the old-timers to what extent we used the railroad.

I would also think (but don't know for sure) that the Q would have served
Woods (lawn mower equipment) on Rt. 2 -- just past the turn toward White
Pines.

RIch