Re: [BRHSlist] NE12 paint

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] NE12 paint
From: Steve Wintner <steve_wintner@y...>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 20:06:33 -0800 (PST)
SNIP
> > class (to my knowledge) is the "Great Pumpkin" MOW
> orange with black
> > lettering and one-color herald. This was applied
> to the first 12 NE-12s
> > (and all NE-10s) as a "steel caboose scheme" . . .
> It came to harry C.
> > Murphy's attention, and he vetoed it, ordering
> creation of the aluminum
> > "F-clone" scheme.
> >
> > But not never nohow Chinese Red.
> >
> > Marshall
>
> I am aware of one other paint job, the simplified
> aluminum one lacking the
> stripe.
>
> Ed DeRouin

Marshal, Ed, List,

Just out of my own curiosity, any pictures of the
Great Punkin and F-clone schemes online ? I've never
seen a photo of either, just want to see what y'all
are talking about.

Thanks.

=====
-Steve Wintner
"well alas we've seen it all before
knights in armour, days of yore
the same old fears and the same old crimes
we haven't changed since ancient times"
-Dire Straits