Re: [BRHSlist] NE12 paint

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] NE12 paint
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 18:14:33 -0600
From: "Ed DeRouin" <PIXELS@A...>
To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2001 9:51 AM

> > Over the weekend, I was blessed to acquire (at a local antique mall, no
> > less) a brass Oriental Limited CB&Q NE12 #13560 waycar.
>
> Roger:
>
> From my perspective, the who and why of the red paint is unimportant, I
know
> of no NE12 painted in that fashion. I would count my blessing, strip it,
and
> paint it in the the classic scheme of aluminum with the black outlined red
> stripe and large herald.

Agreed. The only other (pre-BN Green) authentic scheme for any of the NE-12
class (to my knowledge) is the "Great Pumpkin" MOW orange with black
lettering and one-color herald. This was applied to the first 12 NE-12s
(and all NE-10s) as a "steel caboose scheme" . . . It came to harry C.
Murphy's attention, and he vetoed it, ordering creation of the aluminum
"F-clone" scheme.

But not never nohow Chinese Red.

Marshall