Re: [BRHSlist] various questions

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] various questions
From: "Tim O'Connor" <timoconnor@m...>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 14:31:06 -0500
John, I think you might find more info at John Nehrich's web site --

http://www.union.rpi.edu/railroad/images/rolling-stock/Kits/MDC-kits.html

The MDC model is not an accurate representation of any CB&Q car. Sunshine
models produced beautiful resin kits for the XM-25, which is probably closest
to the prototype you're looking for. Unfortunately that kit was discontinued,
but
you can still get kits for CB&Q single sheathed auto cars XA-7/8/11.

-- Will anyone tell me where I can get an Internet image of Model Die
Casting (Roundhouse) kit #1033, a 40' C.B.&Q. truss-side car? I see this
listed at the Walther's site, but not at MDC's. Is this a simulated wood
car, or a modern steel one? Can't find information today. Am looking for the
former, but don't like Accurail's version.