various questions

To: "BRHS group" <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: various questions
From: "John A. Swearingen" <jas@s...>
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 13:05:31 -0600
Some various questions today.

--- The California Zephyr traversed the Altamont hills near Tracy,
California. Does anyone know if any of the old depots served by the CZ in
that area still stand? Where was the nearest WP depot serving Tracy? I don't
have an Official Guide handy today, but for some reason have the impression
it passed a little ways north of Tracy proper. I am not familiar with the
area but will be visiting non-railfan friends there sometime later this
year, so would like some advance information to use when planning day trips.

-- Will anyone tell me where I can get an Internet image of Model Die
Casting (Roundhouse) kit #1033, a 40? C.B.&Q. truss-side car? I see this
listed at the Walther?s site, but not at MDC?s. Is this a simulated wood
car, or a modern steel one? Can't find information today. Am looking for the
former, but don't like Accurail?s version.

-- For some time I have been accessing Terraserver on the Internet for
aerial photographs of railroad facilities. It's interesting and adequate for
my purposes. However, I wonder -- Is there any better site for aerial
photographs on the Internet? Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks.