Re: CB&Q O-5

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: CB&Q O-5
From: kzach@e...
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 20:50:58 -0000
Bob & List-

The gentleman you refer to occasionally displays this engine at
the DuPage Great American Train Show, usually at one of the
fall shows. He has it on a module, and runs it back and forth. As
it is O-Scale, and has sound, smoke, operating bell, power
reverse, etc, etc; it is quite something to see. The little kids (and
at least a few big ones) are quite intrigued by it. The last time I
saw him & his engine was this past November, I believe; and he
had some minor problem with the engine. He had to remove the
top of the boiler and the tender shell to make some adjustments.
The circuit boards, servo motors, and everything inside are just
amazing to see. If you call the GATS number later in the year,
they might be able to tell you if and when he'll be there. He
appeared to be in good health, and has a Big Boy and a
Hiawatha 4-6-4 shown as his "next" projects!

Jim Zach