Re: [BRHSlist] Steam Locos by Corbin

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Steam Locos by Corbin
From: "M. Thayer" <zephyr@k...>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 21:44:59 -0600
From: "Steve Wintner" <steve_wintner@y...>
To: <brhslist@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 1:14 PM
Subject: [BRHSlist] Steam Locos by Corbin

> List,
>
> I've been looking for a reference on the Burlington's
> Steamers. Looking at the BRHS website, and at a few
> other places, it seems like Bernard Corbins "Steam
> Locomotives of the Burlington Route" is the book to
> have.
>
> When I go looking at out-of-print bookstores, I'm
> finding there are at least two editions. Which one do
> I want, considering my interest is purely for modeling
> / research, and not as a book collector ? The second
> Editions are listing for about 40, first for 30...

Steve -

I would have to recommend the original edition. Although the reprint was
done to the best of their ability, they did *not* have access to the
original prints to make new halftone plates. Although they did excellent
reprint photography from the original pages, the photos in the reprint are
noticeably less sharp and lower contrast when pone looks for details.

Marshall Thayer