Re: [BRHSlist] Havelock baggage cars

To: <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Havelock baggage cars
From: "Cynthia & Duncan Cameron" <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 08:54:15 -0500
Dave,
After trying to use the Walther's catalogue myself, I want to assure you
that no apology is in order. You did your best and we appreciate it.
Unless you have the prduct before you, or the catalgue starts providing
dimensional data, there's no way to know from a line drawing whether the
particular product will "measure up". Add to that the subjective component
of people's standards concerning what's "close enough" and it becomes even
harder. Some folks may be quite happy, for instance, with the Cal Scale
steps that I bought. It's just that, next to the exquisite appearance of
the Detail Associates steps for the ends, I knew I wouldn't be statisified
mixing the two. I'm hoping that someone can still comment on the
unillustrated baggage car steps that DA lists in the catalogue, but again I
think it takes a look at the product itself to know for sure what you're
getting. The list gives us a chance to share this kind of stuff -- and
that's something that you've given us as well. Take heart and keep up the
good work.

Appreciatively,
Duncan Cameron