RE: [BRHSlist] Airbrushing compressors

To: BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] Airbrushing compressors
From: TOM KOCH <tom.koch@a...>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 10:11:50 -0600
Return-receipt-to: TOM KOCH <tom.koch@a...>
Larry,

I am not familiar with Nebulizer misting machines however, I am familiar
with compressors. My only suggestion to you would be to buy a compressor
with a holding tank. The compressor will keep the tank filled and only turn
on when it needs to refill. The advantage comes in that the air is a
constant source rather than the pulsating air that comes from the smaller
hobby compressors on the market.

With the tank, you can adjust the pressure coming out of the brush as needed
for solvent or acrylic paints. Also, this adjustable pressure will also
help you in weathering.

You can pick up a small compressor with between a 1 and 2.5 gal tank for
under $150.00. Campbell Hausfeld (http://www.campbellhausfeld.com/) has a
line of "Quiet Air" compressors that you can find online at www.mysimon.com
for as low as $109.00 and then add shipping.

Hope this information was helpful.

Tom