Re: [BRHSlist] a digression

To: "John A. Swearingen" <jas@s...>, BRHS list <BRHSlist@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] a digression
From: Wes Leatherock <wleath@s...>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:59:37 -0600 (CST)
You might want to join the SANTAFE list, where this is
much on topic. 3460 was the only one of its class which was
streamlined. I got to see it one time, in later years, at
the Nowers, Oklahoma, engine terminal in Oklahoma City.

Frank Ellington, an active participant in the SANTAFE
list, was one of the people who actually worked on the
3460. You might want to e-mail him privately (he is
pretty annoyed at the moment--with some justification
at the rudeness of some messages criticizing his posting
of a 1.8 meg photo to the list).

But don't call it the Blue Goose to Frank. While
that's common in some circles, especially railfan circles,
Frank does not believe any railroaders called it that.

Frank's address is <fmelngtn@n...>.

It was a fascinating locomotives. The other 3460
class engines were just as capable, but not as visually
striking. I believe the employee timetable showed
their speed limit as 100 mph, but this was undoubtedly
exceeded on many occasions.

Wes Leatherock
wleath@s...