Re: [BRHSlist] Sunday Only CD - questions

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Sunday Only CD - questions
From: amtrak347@a...
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2001 11:45:15 EST
In a message dated 1/21/2001 3:27:45 PM Central Standard Time,
jdknopp@w... writes:

> So, who was this guy?

"East Ottumwa Division" engineer for sure; 4th Annual Journey to Yesterday
would have been June of 1961. Maybe Bill Franckey has the crew caller sheets
or Steve Holding has the dispatcher sheets for this trip. I would think
someone in Galesburg would have this information.

In general, my perception of the "whistle artist" is that he
recognized/acknowledged a heck of a lot of people along the route. BTW, what
M-4 did this whistle come from (engine number should have been stamped on it)?

Engine crew Chicago to Galesburg would have been Aurora Division (freight
pool) men headquartered at Galesburg. At Galesburg, an East Ottumwa engine
crew would have taken over to Ottumwa. I wonder if it was Bob Coe? Bob was
the #1 engineer on the East Ottumwa Division when I hired-out in engine
service in 1969. Bill F. - can you check this out? Is he still alive and
did he save any of his timebooks? Maybe it was Homer Ward or his son
Jim????? Later.

Bob Campbell
Naperville, IL