Re: [BRHSlist] Re: SD38-2s

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Re: SD38-2s
From: KPMF16@a...
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2001 10:38:50 EST
I've talked to quite a few people whom had either began their railroad
careers under the Q or the BN in the 70's. To back up what John said, the
general consensus is that the ex Q lines were still run as the Q had run
things. You'd probably find that the northern lines carried on pretty much
as they had. The Q had a gung ho attitude about it that got things done in a
way that drove the competition crazy. I met a CNW freight manager/salesman
that had spent most of his career in Iowa. He said the Q always had a way of
getting traffic away from them by figuring out their schedules and getting
the job done quicker.

Ken Thompson