Surviving Corporations

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Surviving Corporations
From: bradslaney@w...
Date: Sat, 06 Jan 2001 02:28:04 -0000
I'm sure a completely new corporation was formed for BN. I was a
stockholder of Great Northern since 1957. I remember receiving a
packet of information about the new corporation in 1961 or 1962. The
new corporation was incorporated in Delaware originally as "Great
Northern Pacific & Burlington Lines". Anyone remember that? I think
that either that corporate shell was allowed to die a merciful death
or, in all probability, the name was simply changed. I'll try the
Delaware web site somtime. I know that GN shareholders received one
share of common stock and one share of preferred stock in the new
company for each share of GN stock. NP shareholders received 1 share
of common for each shgare of NP. CBQ shareholders, and I'm fuzzy on
this one but it's pretty close, received about 5 shares for each CBQ
share. I wish I had saved all those old shareholder notices, but
who'd of thunk to save all that stuff. Not me.

BRAD