Zephyr Rocket diner service

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Zephyr Rocket diner service
From: The Cameron Family <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2000 16:34:49 -0500
With talk of Walthers and Kato both releasing Q passenger cars sometime
in the hopefully not too distant future, I was hoping that someone could
provide me with some information on a few of the cars that showed up on
the Zephyr Rocket at the time I'm modelling.

The cars I'm interested in are:
6-6 sleepers Poplar Branch and Poplar Flat
Parlor/Diner/Obs Silver Star and Silver Fountain
Diner Silver Manor
Dome/Coach/Buffet/Lounge Silver Patio

Are there any kits available for any of these cars. Best hope I think
would be for diner Silver Manor.

Also, wasn't sure if my post about the Havelock car details went through
(I didn't get it back myself) so I'm attaching it here:

Just got my first Havelock baggage car kit and had some
questions for those of you who've already tackled one. Mostly they have
to do with what parts you've used to provide additional details.

1) Are there accurate models of the GSC trucks that these cars used?
2) Have any of you bothered to fill in/remove the windows in the end
doors?
3) Have any of you tried to apply material to represent the thin
framing around the side doors?
4) What parts might be used for the end brake handle and the side
destination card holders?
5) Any suggestions for parts for the generator, brake components, and
battery boxes?
6) Does the suggested air-tank part come with the two required for the
car?

Thanks to Dave and the Q connection for making these available. If only
I had more cash!

Duncan Cameron