Re: [BRHSlist] Forwarded Posts re: Psgr Train Operations

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Forwarded Posts re: Psgr Train Operations
From: Ken martin <kmartin@c...>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2000 13:08:21 -0700
Ed DeRouin wrote:

> Wes and Hubert:
>
> Wes wrote:
>
> > A nitpick: it was the Post Office Department (USPOD) until 1970.
> > The mail business was reorganized as the Post Service (USPS), an
> > independent government agency, in that year.
>
> Thanks for that detail and the feed back.

For further information the railroad part of the Post Office used to be the
Railway Mail Service.

I have a Xerox of a 1916 letter from the Railway Mail Service to the
Colorado and Southern regarding narrow gauge baggage-mail #10.

When the Railway Mail Service was done away with I have no information.

Ken Martin