Re: [BRHSlist] Forwarded Posts re: Psgr Train Operations

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Forwarded Posts re: Psgr Train Operations
From: Wes Leatherock <wleath@s...>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 18:32:48 -0600 (CST)
The name of the Railway Mail Service was changed to
the Postal Transportation Service after so many RPO trains
were eliminated and replaced with "Highway Post Offices"
(basically the same as RPOs but in bus-type vehicles).

That was many years before the RPOs (and HPOs)
were discontinued entirely.

Wes Leatherock
wleath@s...