Re: [BRHSlist] Milw Interchange @ Mendota

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Milw Interchange @ Mendota
From: Ed DeRouin <PIXELS@A...>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2000 11:12:49 -0600
> Recently someone asked if the Q ,Milw and I.C. had direct interchange at
> Mendota.I answered that the Q/I.C. did as I recalled pulling cars off the
> I.C. transfer on the midnight switch at Mendota. Tonight on the train home I
> was reading the "Milwaukee Railroader" the Milw historical society
> newsletter. This was the spring(?) 1996 issue. Thanks again Ed. There's a
> detailed article on the Ladd line from a former Milw fireman,travelling
> engineer,etc who states the the Milw interchanged directly w/the Q and I.C.
> at Mendota.
> Leo

Leo and Others:

In finally took some time and reviewed a drawing of the track arrangement at
Mendota. The drawing shows a connection with the Milwaukee west of the ICRR
crossing from the south main track, number 2. The switch was located between
the mainline crossovers about where the Denrock Branch switch was located on
the north main track, number 1.

In October 1967, I had the opportunity to ride the third trick yard engine.
We delivered to the ICRR about 1 am. Later, we worked the industry west of
the crossing, Conco, from track 1. We did not deliver to or receive from the
Milw. that night.

Ed DeRouin