Re: [BRHSlist] Bulletin Philosophy

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Bulletin Philosophy
From: Paul/Celine Kossart <kozys@t...>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2000 09:30:21 -0600
Loren Johnson's <Aeolus3@a...> recent comments include:

>The Burlington Bulletin is a fine publication.

No disagreement there. I whole heartedly agree. However, appeal too
limited to the vast majority of the members varied interests.

>I haven't seen #37 yet (my membership lapsed), but I am sure it will have
>information and photographs I can use - at some point.

I agree but the statement _at some point_ makes _my_ point. How long -
years? Still better to offer something useful NOW to the greatest number
of people and save the big guns as special annual issues or whatever to
those who want that _specific_ information.

>The other thing that members also must realize is Hol and Mike are not
paid to >edit, write, or produce The Bulletin or the Zephyr.

Let me go on record as publicly praising the tremendous efforts of Hol and
Mike and saying thank you. I am sure it is a labor of love, so to speak,
but they have _chosen_ to undertake the Bulletin project. However, being
paid or not has nothing to do with the point I have been trying to make.

Proposition:

Why don't we simply leave the Bulletins as they are - don't mess with
success, so to speak? But, use the Zephyr as the medium to disseminate
information in a format which offers the greatest amount of _varied_ (read
immediately useful) information to the largest number of the membership at
one time?

Sincerely,

Paul Kossart - Peru, Illinois, USA
NMRA, BRHS, La Salle & Bureau County Model Railroad Club

Modeling the CB&Q & Illiniwek River Branch in HO - Circa early fall, 1969.
"Serving Agriculture and Industry in the Illiniwek River Valley since 1904"