Re: [BRHSlist] Bulletin Philosophy

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Bulletin Philosophy
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 02:42:11 EST
In a message dated 10/31/00 10:26:57 PM Central Standard Time,
zephyr@k... writes:

<< I'm afraid I can't agree with Paul and Jim regarding the Bulletins . . . I
haven't seen #37 yet (my membership lapsed), but I am sure it will have
information and photographs I can use - at some point. >>

Guys!

I am going to put in my 2 cents what ever that is worth...... The Burlington
Bulletin is a fine publication. The reason I think so is the fact that the
board has always given the Editor Hol Wagner free rein on number of pages,
number of photos, number of 4 color photos, ect. I was on the board for 6
years and not once did anyone ever say that Hol had to cut back on the
Bulletin. I have seen other society's puplications and ours The Bulletin and
the Zephyr both are tops and in my opionion the best and that goes right back
to the freedom that Hol and Mike have in production of the publications. For
example one group did an artical on E Units that artical took almost 2 years
and was spread over 4 of the groups publications mainly due to the fact that
the size was limited, so many pages and that was that. Hol has never been
held to a number of pages for a Bulletin. If the Bulletin needed 24 or 128
pages.... that is what the membership recieved. We have produced a number of
prfect bound Bulletins because the pages exceded 96 (which is about the max
for a stiched publication) The other thing that members also must realize is
Hol and Mike are not paid to edit, write, or produce The Bulletin or the
Zephyr.

For many years a worked for the printing company that printed both the
Bulletin and Zephyr..... trust me is takes alot more than sitting in front of
a typestter for an evening!

Cheers to both of our Editors! We need you!

Loren Johnson