Re: Digest Number 681

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: Digest Number 681
From: "Jerome (Jerry) Albin" <jeralbin@a...>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 21:26:37 -0000
--- In BRHSlist@egroups.com, "Harold S. Huber Jr." <sarge9@c...>
wrote:
> All,
>
> Is there a PSC or other part number for the vertical valves?
>
> I also have been told that the power reverse is incorrect and that
Cal-Scale
> part number 216 or A.W. Enterprises part number 16 will rectify this
> inaccuracy. A 3/64" plastistruc angle will rectify the angle under
the
> window. PSC HO-3367 is the cockoo clock head light number less
visor and
> HO-3387 is with visor, which of these are correct? I hope this
helps.
> Please answer on the visor question. Thanks in advance.
>
> Plus what needs to be done to the tender i thought it was good
except for
> the coal pusher and it can be covered with coal?

There is no coal pusher on the Q Life-Like 0-8-0 tenders. See my past
post on 0-8-0s for details on the tender details. Careful on putting
the angle on the bottom of the cab. #543in 1949 had an angle. #542,
545 and 548 did not. #543 had a cuckoo clock headlight without a
visor. #548 had a cuckoo clock light on it's tender with a visor.
#543 & 545 had the walk-over on the air compressor. Also just noticed
that all my photos show blow-down valves (both sides) on the front of
the slope sheet around the mud ring area. The more you look, the more
you see. That is the trouble with detailing locomotives..Where do you
stop? One other note, buy photos of the locomotive (#) you are
interested in (both sides, front and back) and in the time period of
interest. Check at train shows and meets. Jerry Albin