Re: [BRHSlist] Headlights and the P2K 0-8-0

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Headlights and the P2K 0-8-0
From: marshall <zephyr03@s...>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 20:40:51 -0500
Ray Bedard wrote:

> Thanks Mike for the info. I have 545 and have started the mod. As of today,
> I moved the ladder on the tender to the right side, installed a non
> operating cuckoo clock head light on the tender, although it appears that a
> light could easily be installed. I'm in the process of removing the stock
> coal load and will replace with something more realistic.
>
> I've removed the smoke box front and head light and will install a cuckoo
> clock head light this weekend. I have not yet figured out how to power the
> head light. Has anyone done this yet?

Just make sure you use PSC's headlight rather thanthe old Cary (Bowser)
casting. Precision Scale's version is fully cored (including number
boards) with a separate backplate, while the Bowser casting is solid &
would have to be drilled out. There is lots of room in there for bulb,
diode, fiber optics or a very small fairy with pixie dust . . . . .

Marshall