Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q 3007

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q 3007
From: marshall <zephyr03@s...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 21:26:48 -0500
ewinger wrote:

> HI ALL
>
> 3007 was never connected with Burlington Iowa . was original on an island in
> the Mississippi river at Quincy ill.

Correct. After the Q's high-brifdge was put in at Quincy, the City
tried to convert the center island to a picnic park with pedestrian
traffic over the old rr bridge. It didn't work out too well . . .

from there it went further south in ill
> someplace in conjunction with something to due with purple martin the birds

Purple Martin Junction in Griggsville, IL- with purple-painted passenger
cars containing a sort of free-form wildlife museum

> and from there to Atlantic

In west central Iowa, where a group of inexperienced locals thought they
*might* restore 3007 and some of the passenger cars for a profit-making
tourist operation on the former RI trackage to Audubon (which they
*might* restore) . . . .

air which is were i though IRM acquired it