Re: [BRHSlist] New Building

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] New Building
From: Russell Strodtz <vlbg@m...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 22:19:10 -0500
qutlx1@a... wrote:

> Bob,
> I always thought the hines lumber bldg was built on the site of the rdhse. I
> defer to your expert knowledge of the site. What then was located at what is
> now the Hines Lumber Bldg and the area where the new bldg is going in. By the
> way there were 2 trks in that area(of the new bldg) where I recall spotting
> loads of brick. Thanks. Leo

Leo:

The turntable and roundhouse were where the city water tank is.
That should be just West of the oil track.

I don't think there was anything where Hines is. In reality
that track was a switchback off the tracks near the street.
If you go to the East end of the Hines yard this should be
apparent, unless they have done a lot of landscaping.

Those team tracks handled a lot of furniture during the 70's.
Good reason for the Congress Park job to get that arbitrary
for West of Stone Ave. The furniture usually came from the IHB.

Since this list probably doesn't allow attachments I'll send
you a 1930 track plan.

Russ