Re: [BRHSlist] Galena Jct.

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Galena Jct.
From: hold-on@s...
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 13:05:15 +0000

Brian Chapman wrote:

> I'm modeling Galena Jct., Illinois, on the Aurora Division, circa
> 1966-68. Would someone be able to tell me if the Galena branch CB&Q
> trackage existed during these years, or had it been torn up by this
> time? Thanks,
> Brian Chap

Brian
The I have Station Map #67361 Galena Jct. I looked it up after the question
on Portage however I only have Galena, East Cabin and Dubuque. Jim Singer
is working on an article on that area. The drawing shows the line to Galena
out in 1961. The center siding had No. 11 frogs (Spring Switches if I read
right) into a No. 9. The CGW had a very long siding there as well as a
shorter one. And of course there was a lot of rebuilding after the flooding
in the mid 60's
If you come to the Ft.Worth meet I will drag it over.
SJH