CB&Q 9903 Mark Twain Zephyr

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: CB&Q 9903 Mark Twain Zephyr
From: mike.j.talviste@g...
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 17:49:53 -0700
Cc: mike.j.talviste@g...
To the CB&Q list:

I have a Challenger HO model of the 4 car Mark Twain Zephyr. It has the
40's locomotive "light tower". My question to this list is as follows:

1, Which Airhorn would be correct for Mark Twain Zepher?
2. There are two lights on the front of the model, has the upper-most
one in the tower is a flashing red, the lower one in the car body a
steady
white. How were used? Are they really a Mars, Gyralite, Strobe,
Stratolite,
or something else?.
3. There is a steady red light on the tailcar and a staedy white (for
backing up?).
Should this be a steady red or should it flash (Mars, Gyralite, Strobe
or a Stratolite)?

My plan is the use the Soundtraxx Diesel Decoder, but I wish to use
the most correct one for this model. The chooses are listed below.

- - - - - - - -

Soundtraxx DSD-150 1-1/2 Amp Diesel Digital Sound Decoders

823201 EMD 1st Generation with WABCO Airhorn
823202 EMD 1st Generation with Leslie S3 3-chime Airhorn
823203 EMD 1st Generation with Nathan 3-chime Airhorn
823204 EMD 1st Generation with WABCO E2 single chime Airhorn
823205 EMD 1st Generation wth Nathan M5 5-chime Airhorn

LIGHTING FEATURES:
Lighting effects support "Rule 17" or automatic direction control
Lights can be programmed to flash automatically when horn is blown
Adjustable flash rate
Four independent lighting outputs

LIGHTING EFFECTS:
Mars Light, Gyralite, Rotary Beacon, Single Strobe, Double Strobe,
Stratolite,
Dimmable Headlight, Ditch Lights and four more

There is alot of things this decoder can do, but it seams that you only
get
one kind of Airhorn sound, and I do want to purchase the one that would
sound right for this passenger train.

I thank all the CB&Q experts in advance.

Mike J Talviste