Chalk Marks

To: BRHSLIST@egroups.com
Subject: Chalk Marks
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Sun, 28 May 2000 09:20:57 EDT
Well, so far I've been able to talk w/2 of my 'brothers" that worked at Eola
when chalk marks were still in style. They have the same problem w/chalk
marks that we had w/hand signs. The memories are fading so I will continue in
the same manner and eventually come up w/as much info as possible. To date
here is what I've learned: The actual chalking of the cars was done by the
yard clerks and/or the headers. Some of the marks used
were:83=north,67=west,CB&N=north,BO=Bad order,rip,Hold-self explanatory. Now
this next one doesn't have a keyboard key so to avoid any misunderstanding:
An Arrow pointing east meant east or Chgo(this was the same designation we
used at Rochelle). Leo