Re: [BRHSlist] Chalk Marks

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Chalk Marks
From: Ted Schnepf <railsunl@f...>
Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 08:43:31 -0500
Hi All,

Thanks Leo for this very informative post. Do you or someone know how they
chalked cars at Eola or Cicero yards? Did the trainmen just chalk a track
number on the cars? Anyone with Chalking information would be welcome.

Ted

At 11:00 PM 5/5/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I've been asked to expand on a comment that I made during the hand sign
>clinic at the spring meet about chalk marks. At one time they were almost
>universal in switching both on yard and wayfreight type jobs. By the time I
>started carrying a lantern Rochelle was one of the few places left where you
>still marked the cars.
Rails Unlimited - Ted Schnepf
Railroad Models, Decals, Books & Photo Sales
126 Will Scarlet; Elgin, Ill 60120
Voice 847-697-5353 or 5366 - railsunl@f...
Web site http://users.FoxValley.net/~railsunl/