Re: [BRHSlist] Signals and Stuff,Lenny

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Signals and Stuff,Lenny
From: KPMF16@a...
Date: Tue, 2 May 2000 18:25:58 EDT
Leo and Russ,

Thank you very much for your replies. This has made things much clearer.
My next question would be is when did radios start to become a factor
dispatching wise? Was it "legal" to receive a train order or clearance by
radio? I know in the early 80's this was done to some extent on the Katy.
Also. The station at Yates City received semaphore train order signals
sometime in the late 60's. Later sometime in the 70's these were changed to
search light type order boards. These continued in use until at least 1984
or 1985. I'm assuming that track warrant control took over at this time.
What was the reasoning behind the installation of the order boards?

Ken