Re: [BRHSlist] Who operates the former CB&Q suburban service?

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Who operates the former CB&Q suburban service?
From: User757388@a...
Date: Sat, 29 Apr 2000 06:52:16 EDT
Re:
> Locomotives do not have
> any BNSF markings as they are owned by Metra. The coaches on the other
> hand do have BNSF heralds (decals) on the sides.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but: I believe that when the ex-BN E-units
were in use and owned by Metra, they still carried BN lettering. Being
lettered for BN didn't mean they were not owned by Metra. I believe though
that Metra kept the BN lettering for the sake of nostalgia, whereas they
wouldn't be interested in painting locos for BNSF just because they run on
BNSF tracks.

Cheers,
--Joe Antosiak