Re: [CBQ] No good deed goes unpunished

To: <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] No good deed goes unpunished
From: "Ralph W. Brown, Jr." <cbq682@grics.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Jun 2009 01:45:36 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=lima; t=1244529950; bh=uR/+BiXQN7napwrF5o410y2fuVe9A4G/mQH16Su4O1w=; h=Received:Received:X-Yahoo-Newman-Id:X-Sender:X-Apparently-To:X-Received:X-Received:X-Received:X-POP-User:X-Received:Message-ID:To:References:In-Reply-To:X-Priority:X-MSMail-Priority:X-Mailer:X-MimeOLE:X-Originating-IP:X-eGroups-Msg-Info:From:X-Yahoo-Profile:Sender:MIME-Version:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:List-Id:Precedence:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:X-Yahoo-Newman-Property:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=pubC/vvYpx8gR0Fjhkq8MZwaA7bdzjCJYULoej/sK+7chTHM1A7aeoTpoiYKjtk6R1IN67IiVP+fdFlIMSVweZ1ivU9RKr90NdzfnYvJVz1mGtavHPEG24XLKjC9EHj2
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I haven't read this article, but I assume the question about the "building" was
referring to the former railroad building that housed the Burlington truck
line.  If so, the South Pearl Street building is still standing and is
currently occupied by Robins Pallets.  They construct the wood pallets that the
forklift trucks use to lift goods with.  Surprisingly, this business continues
to function in this dying town.  From what I've been told all of the building
is there.  Nothing has been torn down.

I know a fella named Joe Swain.  Mr. Swain worked for the CB&Q and later the
BN.  He was company officer that did the hiring and firing.  Today his title
would be human resources.  Anyway, I remember him telling me that his office
was located at the South Pearl Street building.

R.W. Brown, Jr.
Galesburg, IL