Search String: Display: Description: Sort:

Results:

Total 9 documents matching your query.

1. Need some help on RR crossings (score: 1)
Author: Jim Thompson <jftpegasi@e...>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2000 12:04:45 -0800
Dear Group, Am doing a little fact checking in the final phases of a new film called "Streamliners" that will air on PBS this February 4th on American Experience. One of our clips shows a UP train go
/archives/BRHSLIST/2000-10/msg00239.html (9,157 bytes)

2. The difference between... (score: 1)
Author: Jim Thompson <jftpegasi@e...>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 17:04:25 -0700
Can anyone explain to me, in fairly simple terms, what a "gas distillate" engine is? I am trying to understand what its origins were and why UP opted for it over a diesel engine as Mr. Budd did.
/archives/BRHSLIST/2000-08/msg00034.html (6,905 bytes)

3. The Aleutian (score: 1)
Author: James Thompson <jftpegasi@e...>
Date: Thu, 01 Jun 2000 15:32:56 -0700
Am wondering if someone could fill me in on Ralph Budd's relationship to the Aleutian. I think it was purchased by CB&Q in 1940 but am curious if Mr. Budd used it as his personal car. Thanks in advan
/archives/BRHSLIST/2000-06/msg00001.html (6,832 bytes)

4. Looking for Burlington Stewards and waitstaff (score: 1)
Author: James Thompson <jftpegasi@e...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 12:26:23 -0700
As part of our ongoing research for our Streamliner film for PBS' The American Experience,we are looking hard for African-American employees of the CB&Q that worked on the California Zephyr and the o
/archives/BRHSLIST/2000-06/msg00036.html (7,416 bytes)

5. Diesel Passenger Trains on The American Experience (score: 1)
Author: jim thompson <jftpegasi@e...>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:45:14 -0700
Good Morning, I wanted to make the society aware of a film that 51 Pegasi Pictures is currently working on for PBS' The American Experience. Our story is the meteoric rise of the diesel passenger tra
/archives/BRHSLIST/2000-04/msg00183.html (7,594 bytes)

6. Re: [BRHSlist] Diesel Passenger Trains on The American Exper (score: 1)
Author: jim thompson <jftpegasi@e...>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 10:43:21 -0700
Bill, Thanks for your note. I'm happy to say that we have covered the sources you've mentioned which makes me feel as though we're heading in the right direction. As far as the time frame for viewing
/archives/BRHSLIST/2000-04/msg00185.html (7,272 bytes)

7. Looking for Bill Schultz (score: 1)
Author: jim thompson <jftpegasi@e...>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2000 14:55:38 -0700
Dave Lotz did me the favor of sending along Burlington Bulletin No.13 which was dedicated to the Zephyrs. Featured prominently in the articles was a man named J.W. Schultz, who I understand goes by "
/archives/BRHSLIST/2000-04/msg00195.html (7,166 bytes)

8. Re: [BRHSlist] RE: Possible old Westmont Il. station pictures (score: 1)
Author: Jim Thompson <jftpegasi@e...>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2001 14:07:25 -0800
Please remove me from your mailing list. Thank You, Jim Thompson
/archives/BRHSLIST/2001-03/msg00322.html (8,859 bytes)

9. The CB&Q's starring role on American Experience (score: 1)
Author: Jim Thompson <jftpegasi@e...>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 10:51:56 -0800
Please tune in on Monday night (Feb. 5) to PBS' American Experience: Streamliners. It is an hour long historical documentary utilizing Ralph Budd's career as the framework for the story of the passen
/archives/BRHSLIST/2001-02/msg00004.html (7,190 bytes)

This search system is powered by Namazu