Diesel Passenger Trains on The American Experience

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Diesel Passenger Trains on The American Experience
From: jim thompson <jftpegasi@e...>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 08:45:14 -0700
Good Morning,
I wanted to make the society aware of a film that 51 Pegasi Pictures is
currently working on for PBS' The American Experience. Our story is the
meteoric rise of the diesel passenger train as seen through the eyes of
Ralph Budd. We are currently placing special emphasis on the Burlington
Zephyr and the California Zephyr as they both serve as obvious placeholders
for the story. I would be delighted to hear from those of you with
suggestions of what you consider essential to this story and any personal
experiences you may have regarding these two trains.
I am also seeking any original or unique footage of the passenger
experience on these or any of the Zephyr trains. We have a good collection
thus far, but most of the footage is from newsreels and PR firms. What I am
particularly looking for are those moments that capture the grandeur of
these trains, the sense of awe, inspired in a fan.
I hope to hear from some of you and we look forward to making a film that
shows the innovative genius of Ralph Budd and the consistent effort to
deliver quality service on the Burlington Route.

Jim Thompson
Associate Producer
51 Pegasi Pictures
72 Cross St.