[CBQ] Rochelle Night Job-Friends of BN July issue article

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Rochelle Night Job-Friends of BN July issue article
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 09:26:26 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The Friends of BN historical groups July issue will have an article by me
describing experiences working the Rochelle,IL night switch job in 1973. They
have asked for an indication of interest in purchasing a copy so they have an
idea of how many additional copies to print. Please respond to me off list at
my email address if you are interested. Once interest level is determined
ordering info. Will be provided.

In the article I discuss how in 12 hours, five nights a week we switched
industries from which outbound pickups routinely ran 40-50 cars and sometimes
60 or more. Of course the same number of inbounds arrived. One company alone
had 36 cars spots that needed to be in car spot order on each of four tracks
every night.

There will be track maps detailing the limited amount of tracks available to
work from and the through train traffic we had to get in the clear for at
times. There’s insight into
The personality’s involved, discipline matters and much more.

If you’d like to learn what switching industries was really like back in the
day let me know.

Leo Phillipp