Re: [CBQ] Charlie Vlk

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Charlie Vlk
From: "Louis Zadnichek via groups.io" <LZadnichek=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 22:20:17 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
February 8, 2023

All - I, too, was surprised and saddened by Charlie's passing.  Although I never had the opportunity to meet him in person, we corresponded by Email back and forth over many years.  I had a standing invitation from Charlie to drive-up from Fairhope to Mt. Juliet and then ride with him to some future BRHS convention.

Unfortunately, due to family circumstances, I was never able to take him up on his thoughtful invitation. Charlie was a great scholar on the Q's Lines East operations, in particular the history involving the construction of the line between Aurora and Chicago that in later days became what we all remember as Suburban Territory.

Like Rupert and so many other BRHS members who were fortunate enough to rub shoulders or otherwise connect with Charlie, I, too, will greatly miss our exchanges and joy in sharing knowledge - Louis

Louis Zadnichek II
Fairhope, AL