Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Mail Trains

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q Mail Trains
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2022 22:35:20 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Tom,

The info. Below may help answer your question. This info. Is gleaned from a paper two ring booklet published by Range Research in 1991. It’s source was the Conductors Booking Books of three Aurora Division Conductors of the Q. These books were kept by passenger Condrs. for their records and to fill out wheel reports. They were generally filled out by the brakeman or flagman at the crews origin station. This of course could be a mid route crew train station.

Here’s a small sampling:

Train 2/29@ Chicago Union Station 1/8/62- Q 1042 BGE car K.C.with a W. Quincy&St Joe cars ahead of it. No note as to contents.

Train 2/30 @ Galesburg 1/8/62-BGE Q 1043 from K.C.

Train 2/29 @CUS 1/9/62 Q BGE 1043 K.C. Note how quick the car turns.