Re: [CBQ] LO FW&D 2224 Model

To: "npmoyer@hotmail.com" <npmoyer@hotmail.com>, "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] LO FW&D 2224 Model
From: "Mike Martin via groups.io" <atsf3460=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 21:06:39 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
https://www.amarillorailmuseum.com/product-page/fort-worth-and-denver-covered-hopper

Here is the link to the original listing for the FW&D cars made for the Amarillo group by Bowser.  They possibly did have black underframes and tops later in their lives but with a build date of 1945 it looks like they were all mineral red cars with white lettering.  Photos attached are the current CB&Q hoppers offered by Bowser in their more modern schemes.  To confirm the black underframes and tops dated photos would have to be found.  I think one could guess that repaints done around the same time as the build dates of the Bowser cars would have been painted in similar schemes.

I believe Q Connection may have had Bowser make cars like the FW&D Amarillo groups cars for the CB&Q in the as built scheme as well but this was some time ago.

Mike Martin / Mahomet, IL