Re: [CBQ] Havelock Economy Streamline Baggage Car Color?

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Havelock Economy Streamline Baggage Car Color?
From: "Nelson Moyer" <npmoyer@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 15:17:51 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
To follow up on my earler post, I looked at all of the color photos I have of CB&Q in service passenger cars. Museum cars aren't reliable for color if they have been repainted, and they're usually faded if not repainted. I see a range of greens from a relative dark Pullman green to faded olive, CF-3003 photographed in the late 1950 or early 1960 for example. I have multiple color photos of diners 178 and 182, and they show variation of paint shades for the same car over time. Single photos of BE 1300. 1316, 1430 and 1503 are all different shades of green, they are much darker than olive. Look through the Flickr archive. I'd be surprised if anyone produced the official color chip for CB&Q passenger car green, and even if they did, unless the exact same paint color from the same manufacturer would have to have been used on all Q passenger cars over a wide span of years, there will be color variation between car orders.

I'm not sure exactly what the original intent of the question was, academic or practical. While academic may be interesting, modelers need practical information.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#64025) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_