[CBQ] AT&SF/ C&S Form 808

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] AT&SF/ C&S Form 808
From: "sellarsmark_aus via groups.io" <sellarsmark_aus=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2022 11:45:59 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Greetings everyone.

I have a special interest in Colorado's "Joint Line" (Denver- Pueblo, CO) and have done some preliminary analysis of the contents of the 1936/37 "Conductor's Train Record" aka Form 808 of Mr HB Decker, conductor.
The Colorado & Southern, a partly owned subsidiary of the Q, was a major player.

Those interested will find the analysis attached.
I was amazed at how much traffic was carried in CB&Q cars.
Certainly there was much iron ore headed south to the Colorado Fuel & Iron's Minnequa furnaces (and empties headed north again).
Most of the enginemen and trainmen were AT&SF employees, even on C&S trains; a train's crew were formed from men employed by both companies.
The C&S supplied most of the engines for trains Mr Decker crewed.
Locals were used to even out the traffic flow.

I will keep chipping away at the rest of the data as time permits. Many sections are "Work in Progress".

You are free to share any or all data. Or, indeed, hit the delete button.  :-)

Mark Sellars

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#63519) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_