[CBQ] CB&Q Twins from Athearn Two-Bay Ribbed Hopper

To: "cbq@xxxxxxxxx" <cbq@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q Twins from Athearn Two-Bay Ribbed Hopper
From: "golden1014 via groups.io" <golden1014=yahoo.com@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 15:57:32 +0000 (UTC)
Gentlemen,

I just received a box full of new Athearn 2-bay, ribbed side hoppers from an estate.  I was told by Jerry Hamsmith they are the best starting point for CB&Q twins.

Does anyone here have photos of the CB&Q ribbed twins handy?  I have the CB&Q Society magazine that covers the cars, but I'm in need of some end shots.  Also, and more importantly, I don't know how I'm going to handle modeling the horizontal seam on the sides of the car.  Some better photos would help me make a plan.

Thanks in Advance!

John Golden
Over in cold, rainy, windy Germany

View/Reply Online (#62686) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic