[CBQ] How was Soda Ash and Silica Sand transported?

To: CBQ@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [CBQ] How was Soda Ash and Silica Sand transported?
From: "carl via groups.io" <carl=9teen60s.com@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2021 14:19:16 -0700
I'm planning my 1950s switching layout and one of my industries could be a glass manufacturer...  the primary ingredients for glass are silica sand, soda ash and limestone....  assuming the limestone was found locally were the sand and soda ash delivered by tank car?  Maybe the sand was in a covered hopper car?  I can't seem to find any historical information about shipping these items... any help you can provide is appreciated, thanks!  Hauling away the finished product via boxcar is covered!

Carl

View/Reply Online (#62250) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic