Re: [CBQ] Photo: A Faked Meet Of The Twin Cities Zephyrs

To: "CBQ@groups.io Group Moderators" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Photo: A Faked Meet Of The Twin Cities Zephyrs
From: "Patrick Egan" <padraice38@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2021 07:25:03 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
In the early 1950s, I saw the TCZ, NCL and EB a lot at Prairie du Chien (a.k.a Dog Field) and it seems to me that the north and south trains were usually about a hour or so apart. I can see that the Q wouldn't want both trains in the stations at East Dubuque, Prairie or La Crosse at the same time, and I could believe that very occasionally it might be possible from some manner of delay. Was there a rule or special instruction on the subject of holding passenger trains out of stations if there was already a train in the station? Or was it the practice of dispatchers to notify trains if there was a possibility of this happening? It also occurs to me that there were interlockings near all three stations where that the trains could be held.
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#62103) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_