[CBQ] Hannibal & St. Joseph Bridge over the Missouri River 1869

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Hannibal & St. Joseph Bridge over the Missouri River 1869
From: orderlypackrat@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2021 22:39:29 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thank you for anyone of you who may answer my inquiry. I'm thankful to have found this portal for sage advice!

I know that the “Golden Spike Ceremony” at Promontory Summit, Utah, took place May 10, 1869.

Looking closer, that event conjoined San Francisco and Omaha.

So, for the line to have been complete coast to coast, the Missouri River FIRST had to be bridged.

The Missouri River was bridged at Kansas City and celebrated on July 3, 1869.

Q: Would not the last tie on that bridge…and more specifically the spike holding the last rail in place on that bridge…have been the actual, “last spike” of the Transcontinental Railroad?

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#61760) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_