Re: [CBQ] GP20

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] GP20
From: "James Sandrin" <sandmantrains@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2021 13:12:21 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The units in the first shot were in storage  on the whisker tracks. This new one shows 2066 in service with the former passenger  yard tracks (then used as RIP tracks ) in the background. Note that this unit has no anti-skid material on the nose. Best  guess is that when repainted the application of that material was left to the discretion of the shop crew. to model anti skid material, I might try some decal material painted flat black and cut to size. As for the base for the antennae, I plan to use a piece of round sprue turned to the size of the DA SP antennae with a hole in it for the cable, inserted into a appropriate sized hole on the roof so the height can be adjusted without trying to cut the base to the proper thickness.  Those are my current thoughts on the subject.  I have one of the early Proto 2000 units with the too dark grey roof and I am still debating on whether to repaint the roof or just weather it!  Jim Sandrin