Re: [CBQ] Shoo Fly at Illinois Tollway????

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Shoo Fly at Illinois Tollway????
From: "akkassay via groups.io" <akkassay=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2021 09:39:44 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

A couple of things to note:
1. Tollway projects are generally not funded with federal or state dollars. Exceptions do occur when projects are jointly pursued with the Tollway and local road agencies. I doubt the BNSF bridge uses anything other than Tolllway funds

2. I watched the construction of the shoofly embankment on an almost daily basis from my Metra train. You could tell they had soil challenges on the east side  which I was able to confirm with a geotechnical engineer I know professionally. Not a surprise when you realize that they relocated and filled the Flagg Creel channel at some point.

3. The north shoofly track bridge will be the setout track bridge at the end of the project. This is evident when one drives under it on 294 as it is constructed differently than the temporary bridges carrying the two south shoofly tracks

Kevin Kassay

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#61337) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_