Re: [CBQ] Shoo Fly at Illinois Tollway????

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Shoo Fly at Illinois Tollway????
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2021 12:50:45 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

David-

The MOW extra track bridge will be part of the new bridge construction and is shown south of the main lines. They may even be considering using the main 3 temporary bridge for it….but that would make too much sense.

BNSF may not be getting the project out of tax dollars but rather out of the Illinois Tollway Authority, whose bonds were supposed to be paid off through toll revenue and the toll roads turned over to the state as free access interstates.  The tolls are paid by taxpayers either directly or embedded in the cost of goods carried in trucks.

Charlie Vlk

I've seen the videos too, and I don't recall the storage track being there.

Technically, taxpayers have nothing to do with it. This is a Tollway project and paid entirely out of toll revenues.

--
David Streeter