Re: [CBQ] 1897 Chalco incident

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] 1897 Chalco incident
From: "Dave Burk" <dsburkea@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2021 23:45:40 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

Rupert, Charley Pond lived until 1910. By that time he had been committed to an insane asylum. I’m telling you—this story has some twists. That night he was just making his way home to his wife in Corning, Iowa.

Don’t give much credit to the assailants for brains or planning. Earlier that night (actually early morning) they had robbed three other TRAMPS. So yes, I believe they shot Pond over his dirty clothes. Then they rode the train with him and all the witnesses on to Omaha. One of the underlying themes of my writing is that True Crime pretty much never means Smart Crime.

DB

Sent from Mail for Windows 10