[CBQ] 547 West Jackson Boulevard

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] 547 West Jackson Boulevard
From: "Tom Hammer" <hammermann1911@outlook.com>
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2020 05:39:59 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
No AC was not a good thing.  We had an older fellow in Transit & Filing that earned a window seat that used a magnifying glass to read with,
One day the sun coming in through his magnifying glass started his Way Bill on Fire.  So he lost his window seat.

Speaking of Fire.  We had Fire Hoses in cases built into the walls.  Working with a building filled with paper we felt safe with those Fire Hoses.
One day a bunch of Chicago Fireman came to inspect the buildings Fire Fighting Equipment.   They open up our Hose cabinet swung the Hose out!!
And it Crumbled in a pile of Dust on the floor...  We all stood there in shock that our fire defense was a farce.
Crews show up maybe the next day and replaced all the Fire Hoses with brand new stuff.  Wouldn't that have been a disaster if we had a fire and we couldn't fight it.

Christmas & New Years was another great time at the Q President Murphy being a Catholic was big on these days..
We started Christmas 3 days early with a party with lots of booz.  Murphy would come around and wish every one a Merry Christmas.
 Then around 11 AM he would let us off  work.  They had a Special Commuter Train to take us home.  Some of us stayed down town and continued partying.
This was the same way for New Years..  Tom Hammer
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#60912) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_