Re: [CBQ] Burning Up The Ballast At Altona

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Burning Up The Ballast At Altona
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 11:28:36 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Louis,

I would agree that berry and silk specials would make for an interesting
article. I can point the author(not me,I have enough articles under development
to keep me busy for several years) to the O.R.C.,B.R.T. AND U.T.U. Lodge files
now residing at the BRHS archives.

In these files are a few dealing with the trains from the crews perspective.
The main focus of these claim files deal with the various points where the
eastbound trains were terminated In Chicago and how the crews waycar made it
back to the waycar tracks at Hawthorne/Cicero which is where the crews rest
could begin. Some have time slips covering the trip which show the amazing
running time from Savanna to Chicago and then the agony of prolonged trips for
the waycar back to Cicero.

Leo Phillipp