[CBQ] Hinckley, IL Depot

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Hinckley, IL Depot
From: "Don Winn" <donswinn@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2020 05:53:47 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
I'm looking for a little information on the Hinckley, IL depot that I will be scratchbuilding soon.

The 1950 drawing of the 1947 remodeling from the archives (thank you archive guys!) is a great resource.

Did the 1947 remodeling occur when the depot was moved a block to the east?

When did passenger service end in Hinckley?  Did that coincide with the move or remodeling?

The remodeling changed the freight area to have a ground level section at the track side door.  It looks like this was done to accommodate speeder parking, which suggests it stopped being a depot by 1947 and was now a MOW facility.   Is that correct?

Finally, what color would it have been in 1966?   I have photos that show it in green in 1959, and other photos that show it in White/Green BN colors sometime in the BN era.  Because it has been re-painted with the BN green makes me think it didn't get repainted to white during the end of the CB&Q era.  Does that sound right?

Thanks!

Don Winn
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#60687) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_