Re: [CBQ] Hinckley, IL Depot

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Hinckley, IL Depot
From: "Don Winn" <donswinn@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2020 07:48:24 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thanks to everyone who responded.  This is a great forum.

Leo - I always enjoy your human interest stories of the way it was.  My mother would tell about how when she was 14 she started taking the train into Aurora by herself to go clothes shopping downtown.   That would have been during WWII.  She graduated from Hinckley High School in 1945.  My layout is set in 1966, but I think I may twist the timeline and place her as a 14 year old at the depot waiting for the train.

Gary - Thanks looking up the turntable info for me.  This really helps to add evidence to the theory that as soon as passenger service ended, they moved the depot and remodelled the freight end to hold a speeder for MOW service.

Kenneth -  Thanks for the great drawing.   Outstanding.   I actually misspoke - I meant to say the red/green motif, not just green.   Until I find other evidence, I think I'll use the traditional red/green.

I'll plan to bring the depot to the next fall meeting.

Thanks again!

Don Winn